Time & Location
Apr 14, 2023, 5:00 PM – Apr 16, 2023, 11:00 AM
Valentine Park, 1020 Beaver Rd, Munford, TN 38058, USA
About the event
The cost of the Camp-O-Ree will be $10.00 (includes a patch. Patches will be ordered on completion of camp for paid participants, extra patches can be ordered and must be on the roster) for all registered Boy Scouts and registered Adult Leaders.
Troop Roster will be turned in to the District Outdoor Committee at headquarters no later than Friday evenings at Cracker Barrel.
Scoutmaster, please bring water with you. There will be access to water near the camp area.
Only ONE campfire per troop. Campfires must be elevated. Each Troop should bring firewood. We urge all unit leaders to instruct their scouts not to cut live trees in the area.
The following should not be brought to camp: electronic devices, alcoholic beverages, controlled substances, and firearms.
The Friday night cracker barrel will be held for the meeting of the Leaders and SPL to turn in the troop rosters and monies. The cracker barrel will be a potluck.
It is expected that all troops participate in Sunday’s Scouts' Own services. A Scout is Reverent.
The District Outdoor Committee will have the final say in the postponement of the Camp-O-Ree due to inclement weather. If bad weather comes during the Camp-O-Ree, and a troop decides to vacate the premises, a leader from that troop must check out with the camp committee. This is to be certain that all scouts and leaders are accounted for.
In an emergency, a car horn will be sounded three (3) times and leaders will report to the headquarters tent for further instructions.
Health, Safety, and Sanitation Standards
- Each Troop will be responsible for monitoring their scouts
- Have a daily INSPECTION covering sanitation, sleeping quarters, personal health, cleanliness, equipment, and grounds. Let nothing grow into a problem. Catch the little things early.
- All troops should review the Guild to Safe Scouting for all BSA policies and safety instructions.
- All trash and garbage shall be removed when the troop breaks camp and leaves the area.
- Accidents and injuries must be reported in accordance with BSA policy found in the Guild to Safe Scouting. All troops should log accidents and injuries for their own protection.
- All flammable liquids must be stored I.A.W. policy stated in the Guild to Safe Scouting.
- Each Troop should have a fire plan in place.
- Dishwashing is important of camping, washing dishes and utensils I.A.W. the scout handbook, let's keep our scouts from getting sick.
Taps will be at 10:00 pm, scouts should be in their campsite at this time
Check-in, Supper, Set up Camp
Cracker Barrel Pot luck